I never realized how many pairs of shoes I had until today. Somehow, I have to pack a lot to take with me to CTY
. I didn't think
it was a lot -- it's not nearly all of them -- but then I started to write it out simply because the sheer volume
was beginning to perplex me:
- Two pairs sneakers: my Converse All-Stars for normal wear and Sauconys for sports
- Rhinestone flip-flops from Target: I can't leave them behind, they sparkle!
- Cheapo flip-flops: One year I tried showering without them and got Athlete's Foot, so I'm not risking it again.
- Black dressy clogs: Well, they just look cool. They're actually too big for me.
- Black dressy shoes: True, they threw my back out at the Christmas dance, but that was my fault anyway and I drew on them with glitter.
- Brown dressy shoes: For those few things that don't go well with black.
- Brown Oxfords: Not just any brown oxfords, I have customized these with hunting-orange shoelaces and written "left" and "right" on them. I probably won't wear them but need to bring them simply because that's how people recognize me during the winter.
- Black boots: Like I would go anywhere without them.
- Two pairs fuzzy slippers: I need to take one just to have them with me, and I'm not going to leave the other pair behind.
- Birkenstocks: These are the only shoes I actually ever wear.
Obviously, my mission is clear: find all new clothes that go with Birks.