this thing is not a matter of international espionage, climbing the mountains of freedom and good will unto men. you will not be asked to cross any oceans or rap on mighty doors with iron fists. this is only, in the most subtle way, defeat, because the defeat cannot exist in the open - you are working almost entirely in a world that cannot be seen.

this thing is not a matter of assasination by chance, but it is a thing of destruction, have no doubt, and to be able to co-exist, the first requirement, you must have long ago destroyed any part of your own self that would hinder that. this means, in short, any relationship based on money, power, love, intelligence, or sex. this is not, by the way, recommended, it is simply, please remember, a tutorial.

a matter of social division is helpful, social standing and social upbringing. social uprisal and social upheaval. you are a well defined speaker of the nation you represent, having spent years upon decades in a womb of print ads and buses, subway cars, sex-based television specials, holler and heartbreak. development takes place and you emerge, sometimes willing and rarely able, to take on the impossible, the strongest and certainly the most painful.

this person is not your enemy. this person is only their own enemy and it is sometimes viewed as a matter of "re-programming," though we like to call it "re-rememberence." our colleagues who attempt to approach others as possible candidates for "re-programming" will find themselves forever increasing defense budgets, forever developing new aircraft, forever dropping new bombs and beating on new doors with new kinds of fists. a person cannot be "re-programmed," a person can simply be invited to remember another time when life was something more for them.

and with that we hope that a seed can grow, replenishing a soul. high hopes, for sure, but we are being led in the correct direction by television, movies, books and the like, as well as our own imaginations, the things we imagine while standing in line, the communicae we recieve and the inflection in the voice of the target and the target's similar structures. all we can hope for is peaceful resolution, but in the case that this becomes impossible, we must prepare ourselves for war.

and so it begins: making this happen is a matter of defeating personality, a matter of changing things backwards and working up the little pieces that are invariably ignored, but clearly play their part. the painful memory, the loss of soul (be it in truth or in mind - a simple carbon test can tell you this, though it is rarely necessary and often plays no catalyst to the part of course of action), a general sense of immense self-hatred and very overdone self-love at the same time and somewhat canceling each other out, but only to the untrained eye.

the stronger the person is, the stronger the fight and the worse the fall, as we were taught through our schooling. this is a fight in which our loser will go down as their own martyr, but be aware that you will not be celebrated in your own time. soldiers are often considered overzealous, overobsessed -- it is not a stance that one associates with strength and prosperity -- the strong and the prosperous prefer to never allow themselves so close to true danger. not the stray bullet, mind you, but if you're reading this, i assume you are already acquainted with what i mean when i say, "true danger."

attack last and attack as subtley as possible. methods of doing so include disinterest, mild disgust and a cleverly not-so-disguised attempt at hiding that. small words here and there to colleagues in civilian garb about a loss of faith in the neighboring nations. attack simply by copying, maninpulating personality traits, the last reminders of a time when the target had something more than nothing to share with the world, and most importantly, the things that the target prided themselves in sharing.

these things may seem futile, but there is strong precedent defending these actions, the last one in particular, for a person largely defeated already can become quite strong, where their weaknesses often lie only in the pieces they've maintained, somewhere in mind, from long before their initial defeat -- not by you, of course, but by the world at large around them.

this is meant to be a short tutorial and the task is often much more dependent on the individual than the training -- national issues, cultural issues, pre-programming -- but if you are aware of your position in the world and it is worth it to fight for tears of salvation, or tears of the bricks of the long, long stairway leading ultimately to something that resembles salvation, then this is meant as a first step, a memoir, perhaps, and if nothing else, i wish you good luck, good life, and in the event of death, strong and full of the knowledge that you have tried salvation in a time when most men and women would have never seen the chance.