To update and elaborate,
The Tape-beatles are currently Lloyd Dunn and John Heck. Public Works is Lloyd Dunn and Ralph Johnson. John has lived in Prague
for several years now. Lloyd has just gone there (May 2001) for an indefinite amount of time. Ralph resides in the San Franicsco
Bay Area. Public Works just recently released a 9-inch single (on vinyl!) called "Numbers", on the Texas label Elevator Bath.
A brief and somewhat incomplete discography:
- A Subtle Buoyancy of Pulse (originally a cassette, 1988, re-released on CD by Staalplaat in 1998(?))
- Music With Sound, 1989 (originally CD on Death of Vinyl, re-released by Staalplaat in 1998)
- The Grand Delusion, 1993 (Staalplat)
- Good Times, 2000 (Staalplat)
- as Public Works: Matter , 1996 (Staalplaat)
previous other members include Paul Neff and Linda Morgan-Brown.
Lloyd also produced for many years the zines Photostatic and Retrofuturism, which were a text and graphics outlet for many of the same ideas (appropriation, plagiarism, and the like) that drove the Tape-beatles. Their website now contains many archived issues of this zine and lots of other information. it is located at http://pwp.detritus.net.