Baby's First Astral Projection

  • I'm in an office building, surrounded by bustling employees. After taking a ride on a long conveyor belt, I walk outside into the warm afternoon. Looking around at the grassy hillsides I become very lucid. I bring my hands together in namaste, mentally saying a prayer for a powerful and continuous dream awareness. With eyes closed I exert my now fully-conscious will to transport me to the elementary school of my childhood. It's a comforting place where I've spent many a dream-filled night. When I open my eyes I am standing in the big green field bordered by a line of towering eucalyptus trees. There are children playing in the playground, some in the field. Again I exert my will, this time to lift myself up into the air and fly around above the area by merely pointing. After awhile I return to the field. I stand for a moment, watching the wind make waves across the grass, watching the huge eucalyptus dance and sway in the breeze. I then remember that I have wanted to try astral projection from a lucid dream for some time now, but have never succeeded. Again I put my hands in namaste and pray for the strong will power needed to accomplish this metaphysical challenge. First I flex my will by trying to teleport back to the original office building. My first attempt fails because the daunting task of astral projection has brought poisonous doubts into my consciousness. In the dream world, where every thought, desire and fear shapes reality, no matter how small or trivial the idea, a thought of failure will instantaneously cancel out a willful thought of success. Thus my will to teleport was nullified because my mind was not free of hesitation and doubt, not clear and purely focused on my intended goal. So, with a few moments more concentration, I easily flick over to the office building and flick back to the windy field. Now, again in namaste, I focus my mind upon the astral projection idea. I've never done it but I have a conception of it: out of body, extremely lucid state, able to visit the real waking world in the vehicle of the astral body or the much subtler realms of the metaphysical universe. On this concept I focus until all sounds fade into a quiet roar, as of the ocean, and the darkness behind my eye lids becomes speckled with light. My body feels as though it is floating weightless in a horizontal position and, not only that, is gently stretching into a longer, thinner and more delicate form. My hands, palms together, are extended above my head and it feels like I'm made of saran wrap stretched to twice my normal length. The cosmic roar of the Om grows louder, rising into a perpetually more dramatic crescendo. The light flashes brighter and brighter in my eyes and my body feels as though it is being stretched into one long spider web thread, infinitely delicate.

    Louder...brighter...