Mental Mitosis

  • Before I went to sleep, I wracked my brain trying to remember the name of the neurologist I'm supposed to call today. A fragment of a dream remains where I'm reading his name off a piece of paper--an information bridge from subconciousness to consciousness. Very helpful dream.

  • Mental mitosis...I feel like my mind splits into two people. One wakes up in bed, not remembering where he is as he looks around the strange new bedroom. The other remains asleep with his head on the pillow.

  • My dad is living on the third floor of an apartment building. It's a huge condo, really, with a two-stories-high ceiling. It's night, and from the balcony I look out over the city lights in the distance.

  • Mental mitosis...I'm two different people splitting apart. One awakens in a strange bed, the other dreams.

  • I'm on a bus for single people. It slowly drives past a line of people standing on the sidewalk and if a rider sees someone he/she likes, they pull the line and the driver stops and opens the doors. The bus is quite crowded and people get off every few feet or so. I'm not really enthusiastic about being here and decide to just get off and walk home. Once off the bus, a lovely blonde girl approaches me. She looks a little like Sarah Jessica Parker. I tell her I'm not interested but she goes on about how she is one of those people who can separate love from sex.

  • Mental mitosis...two bodies at once. One turning over in bed, one walking along a dark road on a hill overlooking the city. Behind, a beautiful woman stands under a streetlamp.

  • Back in my dad's apartment, I go to the bathroom and see that someone didn't flush their BM. I lean against the window, looking out over the dark landscape and the city lights in the distance.