Starsong's absolutely fantastic brownies

I have made these for my neighbors, and they're always asking when I'm going to bake these again. They're very similar to the Deep Dish Brownies a few writeups up, but I've added a few variations.

You'll need:

1-1/2 cup white sugar
3/4 cup unsalted butter (1-1/2 sticks)
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
3 large eggs
1/2 tsp salt (option)
1-1/2 tsp vanilla
2 squares bitter baking chocolate and/or 1/2 cup cocoa powder

Method:
Preheat oven to 350F. Grease an eight-inch brownie pan with butter or oil of choice.
melt together baking chocolate and butter. I use the microwave, and with my older one it only takes about one minute on full power.
Add this mix to the sugar, beat well. Add in the vanilla and eggs, beating well to combine.
Mix together the baking powder, flour, salt and cocoa powder. Incorperate this into the wet ingredients, until a batter is formed.

Now here comes the fun. You could bake these as is, or you can use my variations, or make your own.

Add melted caramel to the top. Cover with bits of almond or pecans.
Layer this with caramel and pecans or chocolate chips, making turtle brownies.
Add in cream cheese if desired, but layer it between the rest of the batter.

Once you've gotten your masterpiece assembled, toss it in the oven for forty to forty-five minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.

Cool, cut into squares and watch them disappear.

Note: these brownies are not easy to cut cleanly. I always have trouble.