My sister and I.
(Please don't get all technical now,
and tell me that we do not share the same genes,
but the same gene pool. I know.
We are not at all alike.
- She has thick curly hair, mine is straight and thin.
- Hers is black, mine is blond.
- She burns, I tan.
- She's 5"10, I'm 5"4. Barely.
- She is very principled. She demands a lot from people.
I couldn't care less, as long as you don't get in
- I listen to New Age, Classical, Rock. She
never borrows my CD's.
- But she takes my books
whenever she wants. I notice if she puts them
back in the wrong order. She didn't know there was an
- Her wardrobe is full of
colors. Mine consists of three: black, grey, and
white in the summer.
- She wears prissy pleated skirts
to dress up. I wear my cleaner jeans.
- She is a 'social butterfly'. I cringe at the mention
of an upcoming social event.
- She is a preschool teacher. I am a programmer, and I won't
get locked up for threatening my computer with a fist.
But you know what? She's my sister. And I'm hers.
Sometimes I want to strangle her, and sometimes
she wants to strangle me.
She laughs when I mispronounce
a word. I laugh
when she uses it in the wrong context. And
we don't mind.
She knows when to ignore my hissy fits. And when to
take them seriously.
She will stick up for me
when Alice makes
remark, and I will have a 'bash Julie'
session with her to make her feel better.
She taught me how to deal with unwanted advances
from undesirable males. And I taught how to invite
them from the interesting ones.
She will come to my poetry recital
. I will go to her
Teacher Awards Ceremony.
I have endurance
contests with her, because
she likes to win. And she plays boggle and Trivial
with me, because I like to win too.
I love her
. And she loves me.