Coricidin HBP tablets offer powerful cold and flu relief for people with High Blood Pressure. It comes in four variations specify in different symptoms and problems. These are Coricidin Cold & Flu, Cough & Cold, Maximum strength Flu, and Chest Congestion & Cough. Coricidin products don't contain decongestants that raise blood pressure and are good for people with high blood pressure, but they do contain Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide, aka DXM, a chemical that in high doses will deliver a dangerous and damaging hallucinogenic high.
Coricidin Cough & Cold contains the most DXM of the Coricidin product line at 30 mg per tablet and is thus the most abused Coricidin products. Unfortunatly, this same product also contains 4mg of Chlorpheniramine Maleate(CPM), a chemical that when combined with Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide in high doses can severely damage your body. People who abuse Coricidin Cough and Cold, aka triple C, are much more likely to end up hospitalized or even dead then people who abuse similar products such as Robitussin Maximum Strength cough syrup and Dexalone which contain Dextromethorphan but not Chlorpheniramine Maleate.
The reason the combination is so dangerous is because Chlorpheniramine Maleate is metabolized by the same liver enzyme as Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide. The overload on your liver can lead to liver failure. Liver failure can lead to death.
If you do decide to abuse this drug, you are a moron whom will soon be even more of a moron. Because it is a disassociate, you will feel distant and out of this world. You might forget where you are, and whom you are with. You might feel inclined to inquire whom your best friend since second grade is, or what the hell is happening to you. You will feel different then you have ever felt before. Your vision will be about as messed up as your judgment and you will be high.
All DXM highs tend to over excite the neurons in your brain which can kill them which will and does cause your immune system to dissolve them, leaving nice little holes in your brain. This brain damage is considerably worse and more noticeable with extended abuse of the drug. The CPM in Coricidin just worsens the situation.