Hooray! Today's my birthday!

Coincidentally, it is also the birthday of my girlfriend, Kim. Under normal circumstances, that means we would be having a kick-ass party, especially since our birthday falls on a Saturday this year. But we won't, we'll just have a nice dinner together (which also isn't bad.)

The main reason we aren't having a party is that she is a big Halloween fan, and we have a big Halloween party (all are welcome, just RSVP) at the end of the month. Two parties in as many weeks is one too many for normal sanity and hygiene, so we go with the holiday party to give everyone an excuse to dress up. We even give a set of movie tickets to both the best and most original costumes.

Kim has a big conference in a week, so she's spending the day at the lab (she's a scientist) to finish up the experiments she needs for her presentation documentation. So that leaves me here alone on my birthday typing this, for whatever reason I don't really know. Those who know me would say I'm not a "slice of life" daylogger. But I was voting and surfing E2 and decided to perform a wetware download.

When I finish this I'm going to go back to work on my own project, a book I've decided to self-publish by the end of the year. It's complete, but I'm going through it one more time before sending it. I'm going to use Lulu.com and set up a storefront on my website (E2'er discount!) as well as list with Amazon and B&N. (I promised SharQ I'd node my Lulu experience.)

Well, back to work. I'll leave ranting about Bush (my usual daylog activity lately) for another day(log).