Oh my God, as I breathe1 I hate what passes for leadership in this country.

The GOP is doing their best to perfect Fascism, creating a dystopic blend of Orwellian INGSOC and Huxlerian Fordism, with a generous dash of patriotism. The group of idiots, sycophants, and assholes currently in power are tearing the constitution into thin strips and flossing their ass with it, and they are letting the Right get away with it.

The Democrats are no better, I hate their spineless posturing and indecision. They are willing to let this country go to Hell in a handbasket just to prove a point (I must admit to a degree of hypocrisy myself in this, as I think middle America can go fuck themselves for voting for this warmongering idiot). The jackasses complain about the situation without providing a solution2.

I hate the complacency of the American people, who watch their country being bought and sold under their noses, yet worry more about a boy sucking anouther boy's penis in wedlock. (I especially hate the complacency of Women, who truly have the keys to society and the most brains of the species yet let men get away with everything.)

I hate the single-interest groups, who tolerate the most atrocious behavior in their allies as long as those allies support those special interests?

I hate that I even need to hate anything, and I hate recognizing that I'm part of the problem unless I take the action to be part of the solution. (I hate that although I try, I could try a lot harder.)

1. I know, I'm going back on my promise to not talk about politics. Oops.
2. I do have a solution. Bush and his entire administration should resign (I'd rather see them dragged off to prison in chains, but I'll take resignation) and the new leadership take over. That way we gain credibility, which when coupled to new orders of engagement and policies in the region, maybe (hopefully) even enough to actually make a difference in Iraq and fix it.