a poem:


Trichinosis
eyelids holding water
fat pink piggies, they look so tasty
rectum leaking
fat pink piggies, i thought you were my friends
last night, i masticated through my pillow from the pain
FAT PINK PIGGIES, KEEPERS OF THE DEADLY WORM
why did i eat that raw pork chop?

Dr Koop sez::
From: http://www.drkoop.com/conditions/encyclopedia/articles/020000a/020000178.html

Trichinosis is a disorder that is caused by the parasitic roundworm Trichinella spiralis. Persons become infected by eating raw or undercooked pork that contains cysts of the parasite. The cysts break open in the stomach and release larvae, which penetrate the wall of the small intestine, mature into adult males and females, and mate. After mating, the female worms discharge larvae that spread to the muscles and form small cysts that eventually calcify.

Q: What are the symptoms of trichinosis?

A: The symptoms vary according to the number of infecting larvae. Diarrhea, nausea, and vomiting may occur within a few days of infection. About two weeks later, there may be swelling of the eyelids, inflammation of the membrane covering the eye (conjunctivitis), and abnormal sensitivity to light (photophobia). These symptoms may be followed by aching of the muscles, intermittent fever, and increasing weakness.

Q: How is trichinosis treated?

A: Thiabendazole is usually effective. Corticosteroid drugs may also be necessary to prevent an allergic reaction to the infection.

Trichinosis can be prevented by thoroughly cooking all pork.