Old Winnemucca is preserved in the Humboldt Museum. The memories of a town where brave pioneers sought their fortune and weary cowboys hitched up their steeds after a day on the range live on and will continue to do so as long as this museum exists.

Through its many artifacts this museum offers a compendium of area history. Museum visitors can see a set of bones from a local mammoth, early model horseless carriages, a turn-of-the-century parlor, and many other historical significant artifacts. The collection includes artifacts from all Paradise Valley, Winnemucca, and the rural areas in Humboldt County, USA in Northern Nevada.

Everything from The Great Depression, the Roaring Twenties, and even the Ice Age are remembered in this museum. Humboldt Museum is itself a piece of old Winnemucca. It was built in 1907. Originally it was a downtown church but was later picked up and hauled across the Humboldt River to its present site. That present site is where Jungo Road meets Maple Avenue. It is adjacent to Pioneer Park and is usually open every day but Sunday.

Eventually the museum’s extensive collection outgrew the original building. A second building, larger than the first, was added. A story and someone who loves telling it come with every artifact in the museum.

More information and pictures are available at www.humboltmuseum.org