Title: Europe
Author: Fodor's Travel Publications, Inc. Staff
Publication Date: December 2003
Publisher: Fodor's Travel Publications
ISBN: 1-4000-1275-9
Binding Format: Trade Paper
Edition: 59, illustrated
Pages: 1232
Price: $23.95(USD)
Audience: General Adult
LC Call#: D909
Dewey #: 914/.04559
Physical Dimensions (W x L x H): 5.118 x 9.055 in. 2.24 lbs.

A typical question that would lead a person to using this book "I get to go to Paris, for only 3 days.  What should I see?"

This portable book has the purpose of being a tourist guide to what to see, where to stay, and how to travel there.  It covers thirty countries.  This wonderful little book gives information on pretty much everything a tourist would need to know, such as: costs, capital city, language, climate, special events, highlights, sports, tipping, customs, mail, useful addresses, hotels, restaurants, shopping, museums, tours, camping, and now Internet addresses.  This book is usually referred to simply as "Fodor's".  This book is for smaller budgets than the similar book called "Fielding's" but larger than "Frommer's" or Let's Go: The Budget Guide to Europe.

Fodor's is geared toward a general audience, usually used by tourists and other travelers.  It's an annual publication that covers up to the publication day, which is usually in October.  The 2004 edition was published in December of 2003. 

How to use the book is fairly easy.  It is in alphabetical order by country.  Cities are featured after the general country information.  Icons help the user to find useful information quickly and simply. This book is great for the mid-range budget but is also the heaviest of the popular tourists books. 

LCSH: 1. Europe -- Guidebooks.