"I'm sorry,"
It's all that you can say

This song has been sung by many. The version I have and fell in love with is the one on Boyzone’s album Where we belong. It is the sixth track on this album. It was the fifth track on Tracy Chapman’s debut album in 1988. This song appears to have been written by Chapman.

Years gone by and still
Words don't come easily
Like "sorry"

No matter how close you are to a person, there are some things that will always be hard to say. There’s not much one can do about it. All you can do is struggle through it, because if you truly love them you will find the words that you need. Those words that they need. The words you both need.

"Forgive me,"
is all that you can say
Years gone by and still
Words don't come easily
Like "forgive me"
Forgive me..

Sandra and Gerald love each other very much. They spend every moment of every day together. They each had great difficulties in their past, and many issues they dealt with each and every day. There were the health problems. And of course there is always the money troubles. Like any couple they got frustrated with each other at times, and with life. Sometimes they had trouble finding the words to say to each other. The one thing they always could do, however, was make up. Just a simple hug and all would be right in their world. The hard part was finding the way to get there. When the anger chokes the words what can one do to hold onto the love? One must never let that love get away.

But you can say, baby
Baby, can I hold you tonight?
Baby, if I told you the right words
oooh, at the right time
You'll be mine

Just reach over, and gently pull her close. Wrap your arms around him. Don’t worry about the reason you were angry. Let the anger pass away as you hold one another close. The anger will melt as you hold them. If the tears burn your eyes let them fall down your cheeks. He’ll wipe them away for you with the back of his hand. Nothing else matters. Just you and your loved one. A gentle kiss. A whisper of those three magical words.

I love you
is all that you can say
Years gone by and still
Words don't come easily
Like "I love you",

The one thing that must NEVER, ever be forgotten is how much you love her. And how much she loves you. Love can last forever, it will follow you from this world to the next. Never let it go, for love is the most precious thing a person can ever have. Never, ever forget to tell them you love them. It’s not so hard, really. Just three little words.

I love you...

Sometimes those three little words seem so hard to say though. The reasons are often so hard to explain. They’re small words, they should be easy to say, but sometimes they just wont come. Then what are you to do? If you’re as lovely as Sandra you’ll take him in you’re arms. If you’re as wonderful a man as Gerald is you’ll just hold her. Cry on his shoulder. Caress her hair. And quietly you can ask to hold them forever.

But you can say, baby
Baby can I hold you tonight?
Baby, if I told you the right words
oooh, at the right time
You'll be mine

If you just know when to hold them, and when to use those three magical words, it’ll last forever. Gerald and Sandra have been together for several years now. Their love is as strong as ever. In fact, it’s stronger. They know the secret. They’ll be together forever. Each day they’re love grows stronger and stronger. I hope someday to be a Sandra. Where is my Gerald?

Baby, can I hold you tonight...