It rained yesterday for the first time all summer. Grey clouds were hanging in the air this morning, and while they've moved around and changed shape, they're still looming out there this afternoon.

Today has been an excruciatingly long day -- where you both can't believe how long a minute takes, and wonder how the minutes have gone by so quickly and you still have so much to do ... No worries, though. It will still be there on Monday, it always is.

Our company was acquired a few weeks ago, and the deal closed today. It has been very sad, watching so many people check out mentally, and others leave physically. One of our Senior VPs left today. Damn. Who's next ...

I should keep a box under my desk to put all of my stuff in: 1. stuffed cow, 2. two plastic aliens, 3. giant ball bearing, 4. money monkey, 5. motorcycle made of scrap car and bike parts, 6. plants, 7. wrist guards (that I only need because I've worked so many freakin' hours at this desk here) and 8. any other crap lying around that rightfully belongs to me ...

It's 5:05.

In the last year and a half, this place was a hive of energy from 8 a.m. to 8 or 9 p.m. at least. I am the only one left on this half of the building. It feels so lonely in here, I guess the grey clouds outside aren't helping.

Time to go home and call someone cheerful.