From the Tokyo's Best Stuff series

Kamakura Gallery
A stylish gallery for lovers of conceptual and minimal art (and hell, who isn't? Hirakata Bldg 1F, 7-10-8 Ginza.

Pedestrian Heaven
Ginza Dori between 1-chome and 8-chome becomes a hokosha tengoku (pedestrian heaven) every Sunday between noon and 7pm. Great for people watching or even people and cute doggy watching, and for seeing a more relaxed side to the Tokyoites. I swear that you'll not even feel like you're in the same city -- I find myself getting irritated by the slowness of the locals during hokosha tengoku!

Cheap Lunch
Quite a few of Ginza's expensive restaurants have "special lunch offers" during the week when a "settu" lunch costs around ¥1000, as opposed to perhaps ¥10000 at dinnertime.

Okome Gallery
Japan's most famous rice museum. You can also get some good rice dishes which the staff are happy to wrap for take-out dinners in your "hoteru" later. Ginza Crest Bldg 1F, 5-11-4.

Nishimura Gallery
For world famous contemporary artists.Nishi Ginza Bldg B1, 4-3-13 Ginza.

TOTO Shoku no Johokan Resipi
A reading library for cooks and lovers of food. You can photocopy any of the recipes (although most are in Japanese) An food art gallery is a couple of floors above. Feel free to spend hours in this library -- they provide free beverages and comfy surrounds. 7-8-7 Ginza, on the main Chuo-dori.

Stationery geek alert
The world's ultimate stationers is Ito-ya, at 2-7-15 Ginza. What seems like a whole city bliock dedicated to stationery. Yow, mama! Look out for the enormous paper clip sign.

The World Magazine Gallery
A magazine reading library, where they don't mind you spending a day but nary a Yen. 1F 3-13-10 Ginza. Look for the gray bldg with bright pink stripes.

Ginza Graphic Gallery/ggg
A gallery celebrating global graphic arts and design, with rotating exhibits. From memory, admittance is free. DNP Ginza Bldg B1/1F, 7-7-2 Ginza.

Plus Minus Gallery
Installation art, stuff to hit and touch and punch and jump on. Really. Loads of fun. TEPCO Ginza Bldg 2F, 6-11-1 Ginza.