I had a great friend in my early 20's, a woman called Reyne, who lived in Greenwich Village in New York City. We were in the same industry, we had some mutual friends. I was blessed to become her lover, and enjoyed her company for perhaps a total of five months, over four visits to NY.

Being on the other side of the planet, it was difficult to stay as close as I would have liked, and both of us are to blame for not making as great an effort as we could have.

On my last visit to NY, a few years ago, I tried my best to see her. I only had a few days in town, and she wasn't answering her 'phone, so I went down to Horatio Street early one morning, and waited for her. I waited from 8am through 10pm -- she didn't show. I sneaked into her apartment building behind another resident and went up to her front door. No one there, so I slipped a note under the door.

I've not heard from Reyne. I think of her at least once a week, and have done so since we were great friends and allies.

Last night I dreamt of Reyne. I dreamt that I was back in NY, and went to visit. I found her walking in the front door with a large good-looking man in his early forties. Reyne and I were really happy to see each other, and we (the three of us) sat at her little table in her studio, and chatted. The feeling was so nice, like old friends, like really being there. The fellow left, in time, and I discovered that he was not her lover (as I had assumed), rather a good friend and workmate. She's no longer in the music business -- is now an investment advisor!

In my dream, we enjoyed visiting for some hours. Towards the end of my dream, I realised that I was merely dreaming and started to drift awake. Happy/Sad.

I must look that girl up!