Being the "musical" member of my family, I've been blessed to inherit a large number of wonderful old vinyl records. On cataloguing the collection recently, I came across a classic Dean Martin 7" 33-and-a-third EP (Extended Play) record. This particular disc distinguishes itself from the collection, and acts as a kind of time capsule from the late 1960's by the wonderfully crafted hepcat copy that appears on the reverse of the cardboard sleeve.

I reproduce it below in it's entirity, for future generations to read, possibly study, and enjoy:


DEAN MARTIN HITS AGAIN

SIDE 1
I'LL BE SEEING YOU
I'LL HOLD YOU IN MY HEART

SIDE 2
IN THE CHAPEL IN THE MOONLIGHT
WEDDING BELLS

The atmosphere at his recording sessions has changed. Before he hit with "Everybody Loves Somebody" and then "The Door is Still Open to My Heart", Dean Martin's sessions were hopeful. Now, hits later, they're confident. You don't need to listen at the sessions to tell that. You can tell by just looking. Confidence everywhere. In everyone.

IN ERNIE FREEMAN, the arranger and conductor. He's a lot busier these weeks. He's a hot talent. Everybody's after him to do for their boys what he did for Martin.

IN KEN LANE, Dean's accompanist. Pink headed from the sun, chewing gum, a snappy smile. Used to sharing ad libs with Dean about his thinning white hair. He wrote the music to "Everybody Loves Somebody", and is feeling confident. No runs in his alpaca sweater either.

IN JIMMY BOWEN, the producer. He's as aware as anybody that what happens to these seventeen yards of score can mean the difference between a million dollars and a busted golden egg.

IN EDDIE BRACKETT, the engineer. He fondles the rows of dials on the console in front of him, urging the monitor speakers up toward the threshold of pain. He's the only engineer in the business who controls the crucial takes standing up, eyes so intent on the VU meters you'd think they were windows in a starlet's dressing room.

IN THE ORCHESTRA. Always looking bored, as if they'd really rather be home watching "Mister Ed" re-runs. Like a convention of movie extras, they seem to be practising some sort of East Indian unbugability.....

The four tracks on this EP are from the 12" LP "Dean Martin Hits Again" (R 6146/RS 6146*)

Dean Martin is also heard on these Reprise 12" LP's

R 6140/RS 6140* ... The Door is Still Open to My Heart
R 6130/RS 6130* ... Everybody Loves Somebody
R 6054/RS 6054* ... Dino Latino
R 6061/RS 6061* ... Country Style
R 6170/RS 6170* ... (Remember Me) I'm the One Who Loves You
R 6211/RS 6211* ... Songs from "The Silencers"

* Stereo

THIS RECORD PUBLISHED AND (C) 1967 WARNER BROS. RECORDS INC., A SUBSIDIARY OF WARNER BROS. PICTURES INC.
MANUFACTURED IN AUSTRALIA BY A REGISTERED USER OF THE TRADEMARK. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED


A nice 192-bit MP3 copy of the above to the nodist who can explain best (below) what is the difference between a million dollars and a busted golden egg...