is a dessert
that originated in 1982
and got its name from an Italian phrase that means "pull me up!" The dessert is prepared with ladyfinger
, and mascarpone cheese
for 8-10 people
- Mix the sugar and egg yolks in a large bowl. In another bowl, beat the egg whites to stiff peaks. In a third bowl, combine the egg yolk mixture with the mascarpone cheese. Add in the egg whites and mix to form a creamy mixture.
- Arrange a layer of ladyfingers in a large serving dish. Drizzle half of the liqueur or brandy and half of the espresso over the ladyfingers.
- Cover the ladyfingers with the mascarpone mixture from step 1 and the grated chocolate. Then dust the mixture with half of the cocoa powder.
- Prepare another layer of ladyfingers on top. Then drizzle them with the remaining liqueur or brandy and espresso.
- Refrigerate the tiramisú for at least 12 hours, then dust with the remaining cocoa just before serving.