Although it was over a month ago, I just have to jot a few notes down about my wonderful vacation to Los Angeles to visit my brother.
It was great!
Why, you ask? Well let me count the reasons:
- Convertables don't cost much more than other rentals and SoCal weather was made for them.
- There is parking everywhere. Living in the Boston area, this is a real treat.
- Beaches. Beautiful women. So much sun.
- It doesn't seem to matter which Mexican food restaurant you pick, they all seem to be great.
- My brother has a fabulous apartment, and it is a very, very gracious guest!
I could go on and on, but lets just say I loved it!
Meanwhile, back in Cambridge, I'm still trying to focus myself on stuff other than work (which is going well, mind you). I guess I'm making some progress, at least I'm having more fun lately -- dancing, movies, walking on the beach (not as fun as California's but better than a city sidewalk at least!).
I definitely know I have nothing to complain about. I mean, my friend is working but his company just stopped being able to make payroll (of course he is looking for a job but apparently the Dallas market isn't great). And I haven't (yet, knock on wood) had anyone die on me recently -- three people from work have had people somewhat close to them die. I have to say I can't personally imagine, because the last time someone close to me died I was very young still.
Okay, this was supposed to be a short note and it has turned into rambling. Laters!