A Few Ideas For Roast Potatoes for ailie

Roasted potatoes are one of the simplest things you can do. But you can do it in so many different ways. Here are a few ideas:

Roasted Tatties ‘n’ ‘Neeps with Rosemary
Chop unpeeled russet potatoes in half and then half again down the centre, then slice into wedges. Take the stem and root tips from the turnips, slice in half and then half again. Basically, make the potato and turnip pieces similar in size and weight. Glaze the pieces with extra virgin olive oil, dust with pepper and dried or fresh rosemary. Roast for about one hour, turning and stirring the Tatties ‘n’ ‘Neeps every fifteen minutes or so. Season with salt and fresh lemon juice. Garnish with more rosemary and lemon zest.

Baked Hasselbachs
Select potatoes of reasonably uniform size. Place a washed potato (skin on) between two chopsticks and slice from one end to the other, making cuts ¼ inch apart. The chopsticks will stop the knife from cutting all the way through the potato. Place the potaoes on a baking sheet oiled with a mixture of butter and extra virgin olive oil and coat them with the same mixture. Sprinkle with salt and crumbled sage. Bake until cooked through and golden-brown.

Roast Potato Salad with Sage and Chipotle Mayonnaise
Roast small white new potatoes in a mixture of butter and olive oil, seasoned with salt and pepper. Set aside to cool.Combine egg yolks with extra virgin olive oil and blend thoroughly with a wire whisk or hand blender until aerated and of even consistency, adding the oil in a thin stream. Add finely chopped fresh sage, minced chipotle, salt and fresh cracked black peppercorns and mix thoroughly. Drizzle the potatoes with the chipotle mayonnaise and serve at room temperature.