This meal is about textures and colours. But mainly about garlic for ideath.

Parsley Risotto
Sauté chopped white onion in butter. Add chopped celery, minced garlic, salt and white pepper. Stir in Arborio or Carnaroli rice and continue stirring until the rice is coated in butter and the juices from the onions. Add hot vegetable stock or water to cover and turn the heat down to simmer. Add great quantities of chopped fresh Italian parsley and fresh oregano. Continue to cook, adding stock as needed until of desired consistency. Before serving do the manchetta, stirring in more butter, freshly grated Parmeggiano Reggiano. Serve garnished with fresh oregano, parsley and cracked black pepper. This could be served with chopped pieces of mozzarella mixed with green olives that people could add to their own portions of risotto.

Roasted Garlic and Squash Soup
Chop butternut squash, removing seeds with a spoon. Cut the top from two heads of garlic and place them with the squash. Bake at 350 degrees for about an hour, until very soft. Remove the pulp from the squash skin and squeeze the roasted garlic from the shells and purée. Heat the vegetable stock, add the puréed squash. Season with salt, fresh cracked black pepper, cumin seeds, turmeric and fresh lemon juice. Add diced red bell peppers and whole kernel corn. Garnish with slivered scallions and fresh cracked black pepper.

Red Cabbage with Flageolets
Chop red cabbage and sauté in extra virgin olive oil. Near the end of the cooking time add tinned flageolet beans. Dress with salt, pepper, red wine vinegar and a drizzling of raw extra virgin olive oil.

Would you like to go to Vegetarian Meals That Aren't Just Brown Gack?