October 6, 2000
Everything Editor Logs
history | prophecy

O dem bones, the nodegel teems with activity.

As nodes are extruded into New Writeups there are already many jostling for the next entry. This is good.

Nonetheless there are also too many trolls trawling the gel for innocent users. This is not good.They leave dark stains in the gel and cloud the hearts of noders with sadness.

Your minions have been diligent in preventing damage to the gel. Our dorsal eyestalks rotate this way and that, our breathing pores sort through the pheromenes in the trails left in the wake of users, our toxin sacs are swollen and charged, our thorned tails are fully extended. Such diligence comes at a cost. It can seriously deplete the energy available for caring for the noders who are being protected. But we do what we can. Locking the anonymous accounts for a time is thus a wise and beneficent action on your part.

(Bones left a "note" in both the "everybody" and "everyone" accounts so users can just msg him if they want to use them for constructive purposes.)

There have also been multiple instances of multiple submissions of identical nodes. But the nodegel heals swiftly after their deletion. Is it reasonable to always explain this away as being due to IE 5.x? Or are there more sinister forces at work? Or is it merely that some noders are particularly eager to expel their nodes and are stumbitting with great vehemence?

The freegel is particularly clear this morning. The irridesence on the sides of the nodes, the mutliple hues of the dangling writeups are breathtaking in their beauty.

The Crypt resolves into freegel:

  • Berkley by fled user bs. A Nov. 13, 1999 explanation that this not how to spell Berkeley. Suggested by hramyaegr.
  • By Geez, by request:
  • Losing experience by Luo45. At -5 and for leading poor Geez into the paths of the dark nodes.
  • I hate your hair by Tauress, by request.
  • Why computers crash. By Dr. suess by Strawberry milk, by request.
  • A word with Chester by Dast. Obscure Nov. 13, 1999 node. Suggested by hramyaegr.
  • Origional Broadway Cast Recording by Benabik, by request.
Benabik complained the he lost ten XP through punch thyself!!. I blessed him with 10. However, might I point out that violence never solves anything. If you punch someone in the face, you punch yourself in your humanity. Really, people. What did you think was going to happen?

Shloooooooop: