I think this is probably the best time to announce this, given that a lot of people are making similar announcements. Much as I'm ashamed to admit it, I'm afraid I'm not leaving E2.

I've been here for about five years, and in that time I've seen a lot change, but I've also seen a lot stand still. I've seen noders come and go. As time has passed we've struggled through downtime and lag-which-might-as-well-have-been-downtime aplenty. And yet we're still here, doing the same old thing. All this has combined, with a few other factors, to make me think that now is simply the best time for me to stay.

I wish it could be another way, but it's got to the point where E2 is just not something I can do without anymore. I have to move on with my writing and get on with my life, and I have come to the unavoidable conclusion that that means continuing to node. Beyond that, there are other, more personal reasons for sticking around; I don't feel at liberty to discuss my deeper motivations, but suffice it to say, the one-time actions of certain people who shall not be named contributed to my decision. They may or may not know who they are. It doesn't really matter. The point is that what these people did is indicative of the direction E2 is going, and that's something I'm having no difficulty whatsoever dealing with.

I guess there is the vague possibility that I may leave at some point in the future, but frankly... it seems unlikely from my current point of view. We'll see.

Okay, I guess this is it. If I ever see you all again, it'll probably be sometime tomorrow morning.

Take care,

sam512

Excalibre says You won't be missed, dude.
sam512 says Whatever. I guess I'll never know.