The Nissan Skyline
is one of the most famous sports car
s in Japan
, with a long history
dating all the way back to the 1950s
when it was manufactured by a small, independent automaker
named in honor of Crown Prince Hirohita
. Naturally, it is one of this noder's favorite automobile
s of all time, and so I took it upon myself to node a history of the Nissan Skyline
(what you're reading right now). For convenience
, I have split the history
into seven digestable chapter
s, and also included some pertinent links for those who wish to learn more about my favorite car
- Prince Skyline (1957-1968).
- Nissan Skyline C-series (1968-1981).
- Nissan Skyline R30 & R31 (1981-1991).
- Nissan Skyline R32 (1989-1994).
- Nissan Skyline R33 (1993-1999).
- Nissan Skyline R34 (1998-2002).
- Nissan Skyline V35 (2001-present).
And those related links I promised.
Sources: history.jbskyline.net, personal knowledge