) is short for "Kuala Lumpur International Airport". KLIA
a brand new international airport for Malaysia
about 50km away from the Kuala Lumpur
city centre. It replaces the older Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah International Airport at Subang that has run out space to expand.
You can get from KLIA to Kuala Lumpur via taxis, coaches and by year 2002 via a fast train being build by ERLSB.
The design of the KLIA building was started in 1992, and construction of it was from 1994 to June 1998 when it was officially opened by Dato' Seri Dr Mahathir Mohamad. It was designed by a consortium lead by the well known Japanese Architect Dr Kisho Kurokawa.
- Pacific Consultants International
- Kisho Kurokawa Architect & Associates
- Akitek Jururancang (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd.
- Ranhill Bersekutu Sdn. Bhd.
- Sepakat Setia Perunding Sdn. Bhd.