user since
Fri Mar 21 2003 at 16:52:09 (21 years ago )
last seen
Sun Apr 6 2003 at 10:35:00 (21 years ago )
number of write-ups
1 - View s8's writeups (feed)
level / experience
0 (Initiate) / 0
motto
There is no off position on the genius switch.
most recent writeup
2701
Send private message to s8

Like I know.

Unfortunately, I am the person behind s8.org. It is nothing more than a personal web site. I try to ignore it. Regular visitors to the Gargoyles fan site I have on s8 will know I do a really good job ignoring s8.

I actually do web development for a living. Mostly scripting and managing backend things. I recently became obsessed with CSS and have thoroughly engorged myself on the individual nuances of web browsers' CSS implementation.

Ironically, I keep a separate web site (http://webhost.bridgew.edu/etribou/) which I keep more updated than s8. That is where I keep most of my work in CSS and a library of trinket softwares I have written.

Why do I ignore s8? Well I don't really ignore it. It's just that any work I do for s8 is usually tucked away in some directory on my computer or deleted because I don't like the way something looks or feels. I'm quite picky about what I want s8 to be and I don't have the skills to make it what I want it to be. Oh the sweet irony.

I'm currently working on yet another blog/template system. There are several dozen ones already in existence. But this one is mine. It's number 2701 on my list of projects I've started but will probably never finish.

You see, 37 * 73 = 2701. 37 and 73 both are primes. It's something I stole from a book. I told myself I had to use it to impress people. So here I use it.

I've got no end for this silly thing. You bother to read this far, I should have something for you at least. A joke perhaps?

A dog walks into a bank and sits down at the loan officer's desk.

The loan officer looks up at the dog and says, "Hi, my name is Patricia Whach. What can I do for you today?"

The dog says to the loan officer, "I'd like to take out a loan."

The loan officer says to the dog, "Well in order for me to give you a loan you need to first give me something as collateral."

The dog thinks for a moment, then pulls a button out of his pocket and places it on the loan officer's desk.

"What's that?", asks the loan officer.

"It's a button. It's my collateral."

The loan officer stares at the button not knowing what to make of it. "Haven't you got anything else? Something valuable?"

"But this button is very valuable!", says the dog. "It's an heirloom. My grandfather gave it to me!"

"But it's probably not worth even a nickle!"

At that moment the bank manager, who had hear Patricia's last statement, walks over and asks her what's wrong.

"This dog has come in looking to take out a loan and all he has for collateral is this button!"

The bank manager picks the button up and studies it carefully. "Hmmmmm", the bank manager begins. "Looks fine to me."

"What?!", exclaims Patricia. "It's a button! It's worth hardly anything. How can I accept that as collateral?"

The bank manager smiles and says "That's a knick-knack Patty Whach, give that dog a loan!"