This is ryano's personal recipe for Lasagne Bolognese. This isn't even slightly authentic, but it is entirely delicious.

Ingredients:
Half a kilogram of lean minced beef
1 tin of whole plum tomatoes
1 tin of chopped tomatoes
1 onion
As many cloves of garlic as you fancy
2 or 3 bell peppers
A bunch of fresh basil and oregano
Olive Oil
Tomato Puree
Half a glass of red or white wine
Some fresh mozzarella cheese, and some grated cheddar cheese
Sheets of lasagne
About half a litre of white sauce (see recipe)

Method:

  1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
  2. Heat some olive oil in a large saucepan, over a fairly high heat
  3. Add the onion and sweat it for a few minutes, until it is transparent but not coloured
  4. Add the garlic and peppers. Season with salt and pepper, add half of your fresh herbs, and continue to cook over a high heat until the peppers have been a little seared, and their skins start to crinkle. (But don't burn the garlic!)
  5. Add the tomatoes, tomato puree and wine. Taste and season, then allow this to simmer gently over a low heat.
  6. Meanwhile, brown the beef in a separate pan. Drain off any fatty juices, then add the meat to the tomato sauce.
  7. Allow this to simmer for 30-40 minutes, tasting and seasoning as required.
  8. Have a cup of tea, watch TV or something for a while and then make the white sauce.
  9. Now assemble the dish: use a large ovenproof dish. First add a layer of the meat sauce, then cover this with sheets of pasta.
  10. After this first layer, proceed as follows: add a layer of meat, cover with lasagne, cover this with white sauce, and then add some cheese (grated cheddar and small pieces of fresh mozzarella) and fresh herbs.
  11. Repeat the above step until one of the following happens: you run out of ingredients, or you run out of space in your dish
  12. Top the dish with the rest of the white sauce, and some extra cheese.
  13. Place in the oven for about 30 minutes.
  14. Remove from the oven, allow to stand for about 10 minutes, then serve it up and devour with gusto!

Enjoy!


Update: I have recently started adding a layer of young spinach leaves: delicious.