First of all, I'd like to say how gratified I was by the turnout. Bearing in mind the fact that this get-together was not heavily advertised on Everything, I was pleasantly surprised to find that almost every Dublin-based noder was in attendance. I would like to extend my thanks to everyone, especially those who suffered inconvenience in order to be there.

It was decided at an early stage that the event would be a low-key one. All interested parties consulted expressed the wish that the agenda consist of a few pleasant diversions, some food, and as few speeches as possible. A simple programme of dinner, followed by some television was agreed, in line with the preferences of the Dublin noding population.

The get-together kicked off at approximately 18:46 (Irish Time). As MC, I declared the proceedings underway, and immediately proceeded to the serving of a sumptuous repast of grilled steak, new potatoes and an avocado and tomato salad. Due to the delayed start, not everybody was finished their meal when the next part of the proceedings got underway, with the television being activated in time for a viewing of the "Murderhorn" episode of The Simpsons on Sky One.

Everybody enjoyed this entertainment greatly, with most deciding to stick around for the follow-up screening of the "Bart the Genius" episode, even though they'd seen it like a million times before.

The decision to allow partners to attend turned out to be a success, padding out the attendance to a healthy two. However, it was decided by myself that there was no need to inform my partner that she was attending an Everything Get-together, given that she has never heard of Everything.

All-in-all, a very pleasant evening, no doubt we'll do it again in the near future.


Update: At the time I wrote this, I'm pretty sure I was the only noder living in Dublin. Nowadays, of course, you can't walk down the street without tripping over a couple of noders conversing in square brackets.