Like two people from same town back home. Like two men hurt in love by the same girl. Like two gringos.

It was an understanding that needed no words. He knew what she's about to say before she said it. She answered the question he was about to ask without his inasmuch as uttering a single word. They took the same turns when walking together even if it was the first time they were walking this way, even if they were not going anywhere - just being together.

Like two Englishmen in the New York. Like Chiron and his wounded patients. Like two people with same disability. Two minority race individuals in a racist society.

The first time they met across that tenuous link through little eight-point font, they felt they are close to getting what they were looking for, what everyone is looking for. Their missing half. No third person had what they both had.

When Gods created humans, says this ancient story, he created a hermaphrodite. Then he divided it in two halves - a male and a female. They both since then, roam around earth looking for their other half, their missing 'self'; everyone longs to be completed again.

Like two first generation immigrants. Like two people hiding under the same roof from the riot-massacre.

"The most bizarre idea the creator ever had ...", he started saying.

"... was to attach love with sex.", she finished the sentence.

Sometimes they don't even say the sentences. A simple gesture speaks the volumes, a simple eye contact is the longest love talk anyone has ever had.

"What if you already have a half, and you're complete, but then you see another half and it occurs to you that you've been wrong all along...Your actual other half is this new person...? What does one do then?", they said, (either he did or she ... if you knew them like I do, you wouldn't care who did either.)

"No one asked the Prophet this question. How I wish they had..."

"What does one do then?" She asked him, (or he asked her), "What decides the justice? The moral behavior? What separates selfishness from honesty here?"

No replies were spoken, no discussions started ... there were eyes looking into eyes, hands touching hands ...

Like two people who've read exactly the same novels. Like two chess players playing the same game...like two lost souls in a fishbowl...