I got up and took a quick shower. Didn't shave, didn't eat. Jumped in the car to go to an early morning board of directors meeting for the only club I belong to. Saturday morning is probably my favorite time of the week, the start of what is usually two days of doing whatever you want. But I was going to be a few minutes late since I waited until the last possible moment to get out of bed. I was elected to this lofty position at one of our regular club meetings when I was absent. The by-laws state that if you miss three or more board meetings you are off the board. Fat chance.

As Groucho Marx once said," I wouldn't belong to a club that would have me as a member." My sentiments are the same. I was once a member of the K of C but it wasn't much more than a glorified drinking club. This club is an amateur radio club and I've found that just about all of them are brighter than me. But there is just as much infighting and conflicts as you would find among the women at a church supper. We have our meetings in the banquet room at one of the local restaurants. One of the highlights of the meeting is the breakfast. We always order breakfast at the start of the meeting and eventually have to take a break to feed our faces. We rehashed all the old news which became new news and then old news again. I was paying my bill a couple hours later and the waitress joked about how long winded some of them are. I think she likes me.

When I got home I took my son over to his friend's house and my wife and I went to pick up my dad's truck which I've been driving off and on. I have big plans for the weekend. I'm going to get a hell of a lot done (as soon as I make another cup of coffee). I say that every weekend. The road to nirvanna is paved with Seaglass. My wife skipped out to get some stuff on sale at K-Mart (K-Martha) and I jumped on the computer. Hey Ho, Let's Go.