There's something about this site that truly does appeal to me. I find myself occasionally coming back; I don't even necessarily read, I just like coming back to see if it's still alive, if writeups are still being made.

I want to get back into reading more. Silly as it sounds, I think I need to practice though. I have this habit of blazing through what I read, skipping over things, trying to get to the point; the details always seem unnecessary, only the main plot of the story matters. It's always been in the back of my mind though, that this isn't the way to read. I'm coming around to the idea that perhaps every word matters, even if it takes longer to get to the point. Perhaps in not reading everything, I'm missing out on subtle nuances.

Hopefully some day I'll find a way to contribute here again, without it feeling forced. A long time ago, the allure of getting the ability to C! drove me forward. A non-trivial amount of the content I put out could easily be learned about on Wikipedia, and as such, whether it provided any value to this site is debatable. At any rate, I don't think it's really fair to churn out writeups for others to read but disrespect others' writeups by either not reading or blazing through.

I'm not one for New Year's Resolutions. However, I think I will attempt to read more - and read slow. Hopefully, I get to a point where it doesn't feel like a chore. Perhaps then I can come back here and just read. And then, just maybe, I'll want to write something. There's something truly appealing about being able to contribute to something, something that isn't you but you make up part of it. I hope to get there some day.