Brian Michael Bendis is the author and creator of the Jinx line of crime comic books put out by Image Comics. He is also a nice Jewish boy from Cleveland, Ohio. In 1999 he won the Eisner Award, one of the highest honors in the comic book world.

His writing is fast paced and realistic; full of emotion and humor, like Quentin Tarantino, but with depth. His writing and his art fall into the category of comics noir, the comic book version of film noir.

He got his first break in comics when he joined Caliber Press in the early nineties, and put out a.k.a. Goldfish, the story of small time grifter David Gold and what happens when you have to face up to your past.

Other {now} big name creators that were at Caliber at the time were James O'Barr, creator of The Crow, and David Mack, creator of Kabuki.

Jinx is the sequel to a.k.a. Goldfish and follows the life of David Gold as it intersects with bounty hunter Jinx Alameda, and fellow grifter Columbia, to become a powerful comics noir The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly with more plot twists than you can shake a stick at.

Torso is Bendis' first crack at reality. He takes us into the life of post-Untouchables Elliot Ness. After his take down of Al Capone , he was hired to head the Cleveland police. His first major case was of one of the first serial killers, nicknamed the Torso killer, for his victims were only found in pieces, usually including their torsos.

Bendis next joined up with Todd McFarlane to write Sam and Twitch, another crime comic starring the police detective duo who play only a supporting role in McFarlane's comic Spawn.He then decided to write Hellspawn, a darker take on McFarlane's Spawn. Since then he has decided to stop writing these two books and focus on his own work, finishing Sam and Twitch on issue 17, and Hellspawn on issue 9.

Bendis chronicles his adventures in Hollywood in Fortune and Glory. It is the story of his attempt to get a.k.a. Goldfish made into a film, and the craziness, red tape, and runarounds that occurred in the process.