Yet Another Reason Why ADD Sucks

If you have read my writeup Behind Brown Eyes - Life of an ADD-er you know I have Attention Deficit Disorder. Here is another example of how it can smack your life around.

I live with my girlfriend. She is finishing off her undergraduate degree. Oftentiems I will take her to class in the morning, sometimes I will even hang out on campus since she has a permit to park there. Normally said permit is in her car but it wasn't this morning because we had her car serviced yesterday and forgot to put it back in.

So we drove up to campus and realized we didn't have the permit, so I just dropped her off. She told me to go home, have some breakfast, grab the permit, and come back. I thought that was a good idea. So I went home and had a bowl of cereal.

After eating I jumped in the car to head up to campus. I got halfway there and realized that I didn't have the permit--I had forgotten it. So I turned around and went back home. When I got there I got out of the car, unlocked the other car's door and grabbed the permit (we were using them in my car). I then got back in her car and drove up to campus.

I was just about there when I looked for the permit--it wasn't hanging where I thought I had put it. I looked all over the place (as much as you can while driving) and they were nowhere to be found. So I turned around and headed back home.

I pulled into the driveway and could see the permit through my car's rear window, hanging from the rear-view mirror. I hadn't taken the permit, I had just slid it down so that it would show (you know, for all those parking cops who come into my driveway looking for a campus permit).

I got the permit and went up to campus. I thought I would be parking but instead saw my girlfriend walking down the road on campus, so I picked her up and we went home. I had wasted a whole hour--so much so that I didn't even need the permit anymore.

Maybe I need to change my medication.