1: A station on the London Underground Northern Line, traditionally renowned for being difficult to get to for the following reasons:

  1. Its hours of operation were somewhat restricted
  2. Although it appears to be located on the Northern Line between Euston and Camden Town, there are in fact two branches of the Northern Line running between these two stations, only one of which passes through Mornington Crescent. To the unsuspecting and inexperienced traveller the station may therefore seem like a chimera or mirage, sometimes appearing and sometimes not.
  3. The station was closed for many years. On several occasions London Underground tried to close it for good, but local residents (and, no doubt, fans of I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue) held out and eventually won. Ironically, London Underground now recommends that people use Mornington Crescent to ease the weekend overcrowding at Camden Town.

2: One of the 'games' often played in the BBC Radio 4 panel game I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue, and now very much a point of common reference for many generations of listeners to BBC Radio comedy programmes. It is not uncommon to meet people who have heard the programme and who will ask in all seriousness: "So, what are the rules to Mornington Crescent?" If you are one of those people then you should refer to the node Mornington Crescent : Rules: far be it from me to shatter your illusions by telling you that it is all a load of jolly old bollocks!