A small store near Johns Hopkins University, serving the needs of all hungry students for many a year now. It's on St. Paul Street, a block down from Wolman Hall. It's rarely called by it's full name; I've heard it called "Uni Mini" (my preference) or "The Mini", or "The Mini-Mart", and I'm sure there are a few other names for it. The building was formerly a Wa Wa, and now the upper floors house a fraternity that is universally known as, you guessed it, Wa Wa.

It's run by a bunch of guys who I believe are Jordanian, though I could be wrong. The staff rotates on a pretty regular basis, but two people I see fairly often there are a couple of guys named Samir and Alec. The owner used to work behind the counter, but he's only seen on rare occasions nowadays.

The guys at Uni Mini will remember you, and what you like (at least for the most part), and it's fun to see them around and say hi, but you will have to deal with a fair amount of kidding around. But, especially if you're a regular, they're really quite friendly, and it's always nice to be able to chat a bit while your tasty food is getting prepared.

Overall, the staff is a lot friendler and more talkative than in most convenience stores, especially compared to the Royal Farms store across the street, where most customers are treated like a hated enemy.

For the most part, it's not too much different from a 7-Eleven. They sell soda, chips, juice, candy, and some basic groceries (milk, cereal, frozen foods).

But Uni-Mini is so, so much more. The main reason anybody ever goes there is to get ahold of one of their hoagies. You can get 7 or 10 inch, stuffed full of a meat of your choice. They actually do also sell vegetable and falafel hoagies as well, which makes my vegetarian friends happy. The sweet peppers they put on are really good, and you can get hots. Their shakes are also high quality, but since you get a free soda (any size) with a 10 inch sub, I rarely bother.

You can also buy deli meats and cheeses by the pound, and it's generally cheaper and better quality than from the local grocery stores.

The best picks are Italian (ham, 2 kinds of salami), and Meatball (big balls o' meat, topped with melted provolone). The meatball is especially good with jalapeno peppers, which they will happily add for you if you ask (if you just order a meatball, they'll by default give you just meatballs, sauce, and cheese).

If I had written this 6 months ago, I would have said that the roast beef, corned beef, and pastrami subs are also top choices, but after going to Attman's, I've realized there really isn't any point.

They're open from 8 AM to midnight, 7 days a week.