The Jodie Foster Atheist Lesbian Commune (JFALC) bills itself as the only atheist lesbian commune. It is not endorsed by Jodie Foster, and not in any way authorized to use her name.

Luckily for non-atheist or lesbian would-be members, membership to JFALC is open to "people of all beliefs, orientations, and genders, providing they respect diversity amongst all humanity and don't try to convert others to their religious beliefs."

Here, lesbian-atheists such as Tabby, the Leather-clad and whip-wielding webmistress and ordained minister of the commune, or Juliek, the General handywoman and Swiffer Extraordinaire, (or like minded-individuals), can gather under the banner of the JFALC. The organization's flag consists of the symbol for women framed by a sun with a smiley face. The smiley face is a touch of whimsy, because the whole idea of the Jodie Foster Atheist Lesbian Commune is fun, as JFALC isn't a real organization in a real location. But, despite the geographic non-existence of JFALC, the group's activities can be monitered through their webcam, which offers a glimpse of the commune and their official flag.

Considering JFALC doesn't actually exist, the commune's webcam is quite an accomplishment.

In the event the United States becomes a theocracy, the JFALC is located near the Washington/British Columbia border. This way, a fast getaway will be possible for the members if the First Amendment is ever repealed. It is unknown if Jodie Foster's Army would intervene under such circumstances.

Editor's note: Wording of first paragraph changed on 3/9/08. First paragraph originally read, "The Jodie Foster Atheist Lesbian Commune (JFALC) bills itself as the only atheist lesbian commune not endorsed by Jodie Foster, and not in any way authorized to use her name."