Books Used in the fold-out of "Evil Empire"
Additional Books Not in the Picture but on the Recommended
- "International Terrorism and the CIA"
- "Live From Death Row"
- "Joe Hill"
Gibbs M. Smith
- "The Mau Mau War in Perspective"
- "The Aesthetic Dimension"
- "The Fire Last Time: 1968 and After "
- "The Media Monopoly"
Ben H. Bagdikian
- "50 Ways To Fight Censorship"
- "Hegemony and Revolution: A study of Antonio Gramsci's Political & Cultural Theory"
Walter L. Adamson
- "The Mismeasure of Man"
Stephen Gould, Che Guevera
- "A New Society: Reflections for Today's World"
David Deutschmann, Editor
- "The Marx-Engels Reader (2nd ed.)"
Robert C. Tucker, Editor
- "What Uncle Sam Really Wants"
- "Amazing Grace: The Lives of Children and the Conscience of a Nation"
- "Marxism and the New Imperialism"
Alex Callinicos, John Rees, Chris Harman, Mike Haynes
- "Rules for Radicals"
Saul D. Alinsky
- "A People's History of the United States"
- "The Lorax"
- "East Los Angeles, history of a barrio"
- "Killing Hope: U.S. Military and CIA Interventions Since World War II"
- "Race for Justice: Mumia Abu-Jamal's Fight Against The Death Penalty"
- "Guerilla Warfare"
- "Zapata of Mexico"
Peter E. Newell
- "Malcolm X Speaks - Selected Speeches and statements"
- "Marxism and the Press: Oppression of Women, Toward a Unitary Theory"
- "Inevitable Revolutions: The United States in Central America"
- "The Chomsky Reader"
James Peck, Editor
- "Chicano Politics: Reality and Promise 1940-1990"
Juan Gomez Quinones
- "The Wretched of the Earth"
- "What is Communist Anarchism?"
- "Soledad Brother: The Prison Letters of George Jackson"
- "Fidel and religion: Conversations With Frei Betto"
- "Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass, An American Slave"
- "Democracy is in the Streets"
- "Capital, Volume One"
- "The Black Panthers Speak"
Philip S. Foner, Editor
- "Keeping The Rabble in line Interviews with David Barsamian"
- "Walden and Civil Disobedience"
Henry David Thoreau
- "Darkness at Noon"
- "The Culture of Narcissism: American Life of Diminishing Expectations"
- "Play it as it lays"
- "The State and Revolution"
- "Soul on Ice"
- "Kwame Nkrumah: The Conarky Years, His Life and Letters"
Compiled by June Milne
- "Revolutionary Suicide"
Huey P. Newton
- "The Anarchist Cookbook"
- "Manufacturing Consent: The Political Economy of the Mass Media"
Edward S. Herman and Noam Chomsky
- "Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man"
- "Another country"
- "The Grapes of Wrath"
- "The Armies of the Night"
- "Invisible Man"
- "Rebellion from the Roots: Indian uprising in Chiapas"
- "First World Ha! Ha! Ha! - The Zapatista challenge"
Elaine Katzenberger, Editor
- "The Teachings of Don Juan: A Yaqui Way of Knowledge"
- "Tropic of Cancer"
- "Johnny Got His Gun"
- "Essays in existentialism"
- "How Real is Real? Confusion, disinformation, communication"
- "Ghost of a Chance"
- "Popism :The Warhol Sixties"
Andy Warhol & Pat Hackett
- "Chicana falsa and other stories of death, identity, and Oxnard"
Michele M. Serros
- "Promisory Notes: Women in the Transition to socialism"
Sonia Kruks, Ranya Rapp, Marilyn B. Young, Editors
- "Gay New York: Gender, Urban Culture, and the making of a gay world"
- "This bridge called my back: Writings by radical women of color"
Cherrie Monzaga, Gloria Anzaluda, Editors
- "Women of Color Subliminal Seduction"
Wilson Bryan Key, Editor
- "Power at Play: Sports and the Problem of Masculinity"
Michael A. Messner
- "Backlash: The Undeclared War Against American Women"
- "90 Years of Ford"
George H. Dammann
- "Illustrated History of Ford"
George H. Damman
- "The Challenge of Local Feminisms: Women Movements in Global Perspective"
- "Miles, the Autobiography"
- "The Sixties Papers: Documents of a Rebellious Decade"
Judith Clavir Albert and Stewart Edward Albert
- "The Graphic Work"
M. C. Escher
- "Bob Marley Spirit Dancer"
Bruce W. Talamon
- "Dali: The Paintings "
Benedikt Taschen, Robert Taschen, Giles Neret
© 2000 Rage Against the Machine