If it would fall upon you to handle a radioactive cat (say, from a science kit experiment gone horribly wrong), here are a few tips:

1. Most cats, upon becoming radioactive, also become very irritable. Therefore, if it becomes neccessary to touch or move the cat, wear heavy gloves. Unless you really want to be bitten by a radioactive cat. (See: Spiderman)

2. There is a small chance that the cat will mutate and grow into gigantic size, and run rampant through downtown Tokyo (See: Godzilla). In this case, don't panic. History shows us that most rampaging monsters will be quickly stopped by a small group of hapless scientists/adventurers/drunks thrown together by random chance. Note, however, that any beaches used as litter boxes should be throughly decontaminated. Note that if the cat was your family pet, it is good to prepare an excuse before talking to your parents/children. (See: The dog ate my homework).

3. A radioactive cat can also be the result of a botched quantum physics experiment. (See: Schrodinger's Cat). Note that such a cat might have experienced a long period of confinement into a small space; a large decontamination room will be less frustrating for all involved.

4. If you are the owner of the cat, you must come to terms with the fact that your cat will, most likely, die. Yes, I said die. Death of a beloved pet is always hard to face, but there are ways to cope. (See: dead cats, support group)

If, in spite of all these suggestions, you are unable to handle your radioactive cat, you should contact the proper authorities immediately. (See: Department of Energy). Good luck to you, and your cat.

This has been a late-night nodeshell rescue. Thank you, and good night.