I wonder how my mom is going to take the news that I'm going to move back in with her. That, nine months short of completing my degree, I'm going to give up and come back to the town that I grew up in. Well, that's not exactly true, I'm not going back to the town I grew up in, I don't plan to leave the house much at all. This isn't even the house I grew up in, so it's not really regressing.

I doubt she'll take the news very well at all. "What are you going to do with your life?" Yeah, she won't be very happy at all. "Where are you going to get a job?" My answer? I'm not going to get one, of course. I have some money...if I don't have to pay rent, all you really need is food, right? I don't eat much, and if you never leave the house, it's not like you need incredible amounts of energy. I could live for years this way...

My mother has three jobs, just to give herself something to do. She is almost never at home. I would have this huge suburban house all to myself. My mother's last Christmas gift to my dad was a 200 CD player to add to our stereo system, and it is filled with wonderful CDs. My parents have a great collection, The Beatles, the Stones, Bob Dylan, the Doors. Some Paul Simon. Classical and Opera. The stereo rocks, I can hear whatever I'm playing from any room in the house. My dad left behind tons of books, all nonfiction with the exception of a few classics. He never got through Paradise Lost, that'd be a good place for me to start.

I know I'll need a project sooner or later, us Type A personalities can't sit still for too long. But I always have my body to work on, and there's a room in the basement devoted to a Nordic Track and a weight bench, and the walls are so bare. It's been driving me nuts all morning. I'll venture out of doors once or twice to purchase art supplies and make art. Lots of art to hang on the walls. This project will take years, as well, with all the bare space I have to fill. So what if I don't know jack about art? I have all the time in the world...

I can't figure out if I want to make this house a chrysalis or a tomb. All I know is that I've spent the entire day lying around listening to Beatles records and reading, and I've enjoyed it very much. I feel safe and warm. Wouldn't it be nice to do this all the time?