Checkers Drive-In Restaurants is a medium sized fast food chain which sells hamburgers and french fries and various other American fare. The campany is based in Florida and is comparable to In-N-Out Burger, but where as In-N-Out is a West Coast thing, Checkers is located primarily on the East Coast from Maine to Florida. All the locations have a certain 1950's flare as well as a racing or NASCAR theme. Also, they all have two drive throughs. They have roughly 900 resturants.

The Checker's chain is split into two different restaurants, one called Checker's which is in the North East and the other called Rally's which is down South, though there are some Checkers down South as well, specifically in Florida. They have virtually the same exact food and setting. Both prominently feature red and white checkered decorations and retro dinner feels.

The sandwiches are named things like The Champ, the Double Champ with Cheese and the Big Buford which is basically a double cheese burger with all the toppings. I don't know why it is called the Big Buford. I looked all over for a reason, but I got nothing. Like all burger chains, they sell french fries, though they call theirs "Famous Fries". As well, they sell something called Screamin' Chicken Strips which I have not had the occasion to try, but I can probably safely recommend skipping them. They also sell hotdogs and chilidogs both of which are very disgusting.

They are really excellent hamburgers and very cheap. The fries are amazing. I will admit though, that I have never eaten Checker's sober.

Checker's is the Official Burger of the Indianapolis 500 and Brickyard 400. I'm not sure what that means, but hey... they make damn good burgers and fries.