Conwy is a small town situated on the estuary connecting the Conwy River to the Irish Sea, and has an extremely colourful past.

the town's history began back in the Reign of Edward I. In order to solidify his power and the defence of Wales he orchestrated a humongous building operation whereby he built a large ring of castles all over Wales which has come to be known as the Iron Ring however he had decided to use Conwy as a residence of his own, and not just a military stronghold and as such had Conwy Castle designed to be grander than all the others in the ring. Due to the extra effort put into the building of the Conwy Castle has survived the passage of time better than any other castle in the ring and is still a large tourist attraction. Although the white-wash of the walls has long since faded away and the castle has degenerated is still and awesome site to behold and admire at, and well worth a visit, as are the walls.

The walls were built simultaneously to the Castle and were one of the greatest ideas of Edward's life. Unlike the castle the walls were purely military, and served as a first line of defence for when an enemy would attack. The height of the walls around Conwy gave an awe inspiring view of the landscape around for miles and have stairs scaling the insides of the walls in so many places that no matter where a member of the military was within Conwy they could be on the walls within a minute and ready to defend the walled town. They too have survived through the ages.

The town as a whole has survived many hardships itself from the amazing suspension bridge (Built by the famous bridge builder Thomas Telford) to the coming of the steam railway.

During the 18th century the ferry crossing from Conwy the island across the river was becoming increasing more treacherous demands were put forward for a better way to get across the river. At the same time a man called Thomas Telford had been designing roads, railroads, and bridges, and so a ply was put forward to Telford to come and design a bridge to aid in crossing the river, and he came, and he designed, and it was built.