The oft-heard cry of tech support.
- Tech: Now go to the File Menu and select Save.
- luser: Okay, I went to Quit and then a box popped up and I ...
- Tech: No, don't click that!
- luser: ... clicked "Don't Save".
- Tech: *sob*
Attepts to pre-empt the luser will not help.
- Tech: Select it from the menu. A window will appear but do not click "Yes"!
- luser: Okay, the window appeared. I clicked "Yes".
- Tech: *bangs head off nearest wall*
- luser: Oh, wait, you said ...
It appears that "No, don't click that!" occupies a strange place in the English language where the meaning is apparently the opposite of what was intended.