Municipal Stadium was the name of the ballpark used by the Kansas City A's (1955-1967), the Kansas City Royals for their first four years (1969-1972), and the Kansas City Monarchs. Originally named Muehlebach Field for George Muehlebach, owner of the Kansas City Blues, who built the park in 1923. In 1955, the Philadelphia A's moved out of of Shibe Park to Kansas City, and the park was renamed Municipal Stadium. Before leaving for Oakland in 1967, A's owner Charlie Finley often tinkered with the park, including adding a hastily assembled "Pennant Porch" 296 feet down the right field line.

The Municipal Stadium in Cleveland was originally named Lakefront Stadium. Near the end of its existence, it was called Cleveland Stadium, or, more commonly, "The Mistake By The Lake," for both its wonderful view of Lake Erie and the Cleveland Indians' miserable attendance.