Saturday, the day after thanksgiving.

I wake up in the basement, 8:30 AM, it is cold. Steph's brother is scurrying about, getting his stuff out. I can't sleep anymore, fuck. Discarding the blanket, I climb the railing-less stairs to the main level where her mum and dad are watching TV. They don't notice me, I don't notice them and proceed to take a shower upstairs. Never been a big fan of taking showers at other people's houses, but you gotta deal - the water pressure is wimpy. Andreea sleeps a good bit longer, I take the time to talk to Steph's dad about The battle of the bulge and check my XP and messages. Steph's mom does programming on mid-level machines, we romanticize about the good old days of washing-machine hard drives and punch cards over coffee. I like this family.
Eventually Steph comes home from riding and we debate what to do for the day; the girls want to go shopping while I want to pass through the city, maybe walk by the riverside. The girls win, after all they have the majority and argue that it's too cold to walk. Maybe it is. Andreea freezes easily, and I don't want to see her shiver or anything. She's such an innocent lady. Steph ditches her car by the Hotel and we start our trek to find reduced-priced clothing. Along the way I pick up three cds, mu-ziq - Royal Astronomy, Roni Size * Reprazent - In the mode and William Orbit - Pieces in a modern style.

Passing through the fashion stores I see her in all these clothes, these clothes I will never see her in, at least for now. I must be strong, beautiful and of grace she stands before me... We pass down Newbury, pick up some sushi and look around the stores. She kisses me, just a peck on the lips but still... how I missed it. In the hotel room we watch the end of Something about Mary and talk. It is resolved. Eventually, I fall asleep.