When I were a wee lad, my folks wouldn't let me have a calculator - those then-newfangled things were all the rage at my school, and I just had to have one. But I didn't need one, really. If you couldn't do the math in your head, the use of pen and paper was a great thing in terms of imprinting more things into your do-the-math head. Years later, my classmates would bring calculators to use in their physics or math exams, and it didn't seem to save them much time, or provide them with any extra accuracy.

But I digress.

I had dictionaries galore, though, as a kid, and my requests to spell this or that word were met with a similar "do the math" admonition: "look it up". And now, even in this age of spellchecking devices, I keep an old pocket dictionary nearby, and I think the hunting down of words in a book does more to reinforce correct spellings than some cute little spellchecking app.

But I digress.

Learn how to spell. It's not just for our sakes as readers, but for your sake. If you can't spell in your native language, you look foolish. If your node is essentially about how big your mind's dick is, you undercut your argument and your preening when you spell relatively simple words wrong, and it makes you look like a generic 13-year-old, trying way too hard to sound like a grownup.