I was at school, late trying to get to a finals test, and my nose was bleeding. I went into the cafeteria in search of a napkin to cover my nose with until the bleeding abated, but I met several friends in the cafeteria, and became distracted. At this point my nosebleed is gone and forgotten.

One of these friends was dropping napkins, partially eaten donuts, and various other bits of food related detritus on the sickly colored mint green linoleum floor. After a short amount of time there was a pile of trash on the floor, and I watched as a rat ran up onto it, hesitated on two legs for a moment, then bolted across it then fled. I decided to try to catch it, and after a moment succeeded with surprising ease. After I grabbed the rodent and picked it up the rat sneezed and shook off its skin. It leapt from my hand, landing on the floor, skinless with exposed muscles and bone accented by a web of pulsating blue and red veins and arteries like rivers and borders on a map. The now skinless rat stayed relatively motionless on the floor. I notice at first a miniscule amount of blood flowing in tiny rivulets from its nose, then a large amount, a pool of dark red blood spreading across the linoleum...

I wake up, relieved for a moment that the dream is over. After a few moments I notice a strange feeling in my nose, and realize that I am largely covered in blood and that there are two large pools of it, one on my pillow, one on my bed. Altogether about a pint or more of my blood is not where it should be. I get out of bed and stand up, not considering that I have lost a significant amount of blood. I am instantly nauseous and my vision blacks out for about 15 seconds. I stumble to the bathroom, flipping on a light that hurts my eyes. I realize that I am bleeding at an alarming rate still, and before I can even get the bleeding under control, there is a large amount of blood in the sink, and just about everywhere else. I stayed up the rest of the night, as the bleeding would not fully, or even mostly stop, and I became sick from the large amount of my own blood that went down my throat. This really happened, and it scares me still, though it has been some time since the occurrence of this strange and morbid dream.