Atari 2600 Game
Produced by:Activision
Model Number:AX006
Rarity:4 Scarce
Year of Release: 1980

Activision's sixth game was Bridge. It is of course the Atari version of the card game bridge. (The node above by sazz explains the game better than I ever could). This game gets the job done, and the computer player can be challenging. The one great thing about this game is the unlimited replay value.

Copies of this game with the box are hard to come by. It seems that more adults purchased this game, and didn't bother to keep the boxes like kids liked to. (I still remember the big cardboard box I used to have as a kid, full of the boxes and instruction manual from my Atari games).

From the instruction manual:

You have in your possession the ultimate solitaire bridge game! Bridge by ACTIVISION deals you hundreds of millions of hands at random, provides a computer partner who bids by rules, and even plays as your opponents after you've established a contract. You can play the same hand over and over again until you're satisfied or keep dealing until you find a hand you want to play. Best of all, you'll never again be without a game with Bridge by ACTIVISION. Look inside to see how it's done.

Larry Kaplan is the programmer on this title.

This game is valued at around $12 USD. Games with boxes and manuals are worth more.