Atari 2600 Game
Produced by: Simage
Model Number: n/a
Rarity: 10 Unbelievably Rare
Year of Release: 1982
Programmer: Uncredited

Eli's Ladder is one of the rarest Atari 2600 games in existence. It is an addition and subtraction game that was only available in some Christian bookstores. Some stores actually refused to carry the game because of the small blurb in the manual that says that the hero of the game is an alien (which they thought might offend some people).

From the manual

Eli is a space traveler from another planet, visiting Earth. He now wishes to travel to the Moon. Red and green apples have become a favorite of his. He is trying to load his spaceship with them for his voyage.

Help him climb his long ladder into the spaceship. When he reaches the top with your help, he will jump in and be ready for the trip. If you answered all the counting problems very well, he will jump for joy, as well as say a new word he learned on Earth. He was watching a child receive a birthday present and the word he shouted was "WOW!"

If you help load all ten of Eli's crewmembers on the Eli spaceship, they will be ready to "blast off!" Happy landing on the Moon, Eli.

Collectors Information

This game is valued at around $400 USD (price current as of September 2001). As always, games with boxes and manuals are worth more.