1913
Alfred Bryan, Lyrics
Fred Fisher, Music
Covered by many over the years, such as: Dean Martin, Gene Vincent and The Blue Caps, The Harmonicats (#1 for 20 weeks in 1947!), Ziegfeld Follies, Buddy Clark, The Joe Mooney Orchestra, and many more.

Oh! my heart's in a whirl Over one little girl I love her, I love her, yes. I do, Altho' her heart is far away I hope to make her mine some day, E v'ry beautiful rose, Ev'ry violet knows, I love her, I love her fond and true, And her heart fondly sighs, As I sing to her eyes, Her eyes of blue, Sweet eyes of blue, My darling! I grow tired of a song, If it lingers too long And roses i've plucked and thrown away, But till I never change my tune When we are strolling 'neath the moon Pretty Peg can't you see Heaven sent you to me I need you much more Than I can say, Know I'm aiming high, But a dreamer can try, So why can't I, Just dream and sigh My love song! Peg o' my heart, I love you Don't let us part, I love you I always knew it would be you Since I heard your lilting laughter It's you Irish heart I'm after Peg o' my heart, your glances Make my heart say, how's chances? Come be my own, Come make your home In my heart. Peg o' my heart, I love you We'll never part, I love you, Dear little girl, sweet little girl, Sweeter than the rose of Erin, Are you winning smiles endearin' Peg o' my heart, your glances With Irish are entrance us, Come by my own Come, make your home In my heart.

I miss you singing this to me, mom.